Take The Perfect Shot With The Simmons 8 Point 3-9×40 RifleScope
I'm not a great shot. That is me putting it out there right at the beginning, with complete honesty. I would tag along with my friends to the range when they forced me to, just to embarrass myself most of the time.
So why not just drop it? Here was the conundrum - I loved shooting, I had moderate stability and had good aim at closer ranges. However, my skill would detriment exponentially going further than a 100 or 200 yards.
Buying the right scope for your rifle is high in the list of essential decisions to be an apt shooter. Here, is the Simmons 8 point 3-9x40 review, an apt rifle-scope in the market.
Considerations Before Choosing A Riflescope
Here are some considerations you ought to make prior to beginning to look for a rifle-scope:
- Primarily, you need to decide why you need it and where are you using the rifle. Typically, a scope is recommended for longer ranges and thus, for small and full-bore rifles. This will lead you to the most important pair of features you need to compare in shooting optics, the magnification and the size of the objective lens.
- If you sport an air-rifle and have a knack for hunting especially in closer quarters, you should go for air rifle scopes, which fulfill the necessary requirements in about a third of the price. On the other hand, for assault guns for military use and training, a red dot is recommended.
Last update on 2017-09-24 at 11:28 - Details
- The Simmons 8-point boasts a 3-9x magnification a 40mm objective and comes with a sick matte finish. One of its best features is QTA technology. Heavy loads and large recoils require you keep your eye further away from the eyepiece, diminishing the target acquiring speed.
- The QTA (Quick Target Acquisition) technology solves this problem by providing a constant relief of 3.5" or more throughout the entire power range. The eyepiece allows great in focus viewing with all-direction movements allowed behind the scope. The scope is nitrogen-purged for a 100% fog-proof and waterproof seal. This ensures that the scope can be used in all weather conditions.
- One-piece main tube construction means that the scope is crafted as a single unit. This increases the durability of the scope and also reduces weight. The True zero technology provides the scope with a ball bearing and spring system which makes it have more strength and stability as compared to the conventional ones.
- Once certain adjustments are made, there is a no need to tap on the turret. And because no tube space is taken up by traditional leaf spring adjustments, True Zero gives you a full 17% more windage and elevation travel
- It has the Simmon's Precision ground optical glass that provides sharp clarity and high contrast along with great light transmission and an excellent glare control. The scope also features Super Grip technology for windage and elevation adjustments, power change rings, eyepiece diopter adjustments and side parallax adjustment. This makes all these adjustments quick and easy and is particularly useful when wearing heavy gloves.
- It provides a faster focus and through QTA (Quick Target Acquisition).
- Fully waterproof, fog-proof and recoil-proof.
- One-piece Main Tube Construction for solid durability and reduced weight.
- 1-4-MOA Sure Grip audible-click windage and elevation adjustments.
- Great value for price.
- Lacks illumination.
- Mounting gear need.
- Users report that zoom ring is stiff.
Last update on 2017-09-24 at 11:28 - Details
The alternatives for this scope are:
- The UTG 3-9X32 riflescope.
- The Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Riflescope.
- The CVLIFE Tactical 3-9x40 riflescope.
- The CRELAND Rifle Scope 6-24X50AO riflescope.
The UTG 3-9X32 Riflescope
The UTG 3-9X32 has red/green dual illumination with a large field of view. It is equipped with a 2 degree sunshade, quality flip open lens caps and quick detachable rings. It has a Smart Spherical Structure that controls the joint like interaction between the tubes.
It also has premium lockable and resettable turrets and a parallax free view from 3 yards to infinity. It has a range estimating reticle and good support for accessories. It is an excellent scope with a great deal of advanced features, but is priced at a much higher amount.
- BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM CHINA
- 1 Inch Tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission, Premium Zero Lockable & Resettable Turrets with 1/4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- Range Estimating Mil-dot Reticle for Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance, Adjustable Objective from 3 Yards to Infinity
Last update on 2017-09-24 at 13:46 - Details
The Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Riflescope
The Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Riflescope has excellent optics which gives a great clarity. It has Dusk & Dawn Brightness (DDB) multi-coated lenses which improve brightness in low light situations and improve visibility in all lighting conditions. However, compared to Simmons, this scope is also expensive.
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity
- 100% quality materials used and tested extensively
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
Last update on 2017-09-24 at 12:08 - Details
The Cvlife Tactical 3-9X40 Riflescope
The CVLIFE Tactical 3-9x40 is a very cheap alternative to Simmons. It has a magnification of 3-9x and offers no illumination but provides superior Images with the help of multicoated glass that give a really good color contrast. Its smart design allows us to control the interaction between the tubes of the scope.
It is an all-weather scope. One advantage that it has over Simmons is that it comes with free mounting gear. It is a good option if you are under a tight budget and require some moderately advanced features.
- Specification: 3-9x40
- Magnification: 3-9x
- Objective Diameter: 1.57" (40mm)
Last update on 2017-09-24 at 06:32 - Details
The Creland Rifle Scope 6-24X50A
The CRELAND Rifle Scope 6-24X50AO has excellent illumination (something that Simmons lacks) with a magnification of 6-24X magnification. It has 10 level brightness adjustments for increased adaptability to environment.
The optics are multi-coated, illuminated, rapid range and are high grade. Though it is at a higher price when compared to Simmons, it is an alternative that can be considered.
- Magnification: 6 - 24X; Objective Diameter: 50mm.
- Exit Pupil: 6.66 - 2.25mm; Field of View: 18.2 - 6.1 feet@ 100 yards; Eye Relief: 93.98mm.
- Different brightness levels for increased adaptability to environment - 10-level settings (5 red, 5 green), red or green dot crosshair with front focus eyepiece adjustment helps you shooting the target fast and accurately.
Last update on 2017-09-24 at 10:33 - Details
Compared to its counterparts, the Simmons 8 point 3-9x40 is an affordable option with similar features and some advanced ones. It solves the problem of not being able to make adjustments while wearing gloves through Sure Grip technology, helps in aiming with its Quick Target Acquisition technology, and is unaffected by weather conditions. Simmons 8 point 3-9x40 is a scope with great value for money and excellent features, making it an perfect choice for a scope